Comic of the Month

Comic of the Month
xkcd by Randall Munroe

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Okinawa Day 1 (Monday 23rd)

So I decided to be good and write about our first day in Okinawa even though I have no idea when I’ll get a chance to post since, it turns out, Rachel does not actually have internet access at her apartment.

Flights went well, as well as 13+ hour flights can go I suppose. We had some drama at the Tokyo airport – we must have run to every gate C in the entire airport before finding the correct one – but miraculously made it on the plane in time.

And now we sit. And wait. We have to chill in the apartment for the day because, in another ironic turn of events, no shop in the immediate area accepts Traveler’s Checks and the ATM machine spat out both of my debit cards. Rachel doesn’t have to work tomorrow, so she will drive us to the city so I can hit the bank. I’m also hoping to find a Starbucks (the only time in my life when I’m actually yearning for one) so I can tap into their WiFi and post my pictures!

So yup, that’s about it. We might go out for another walk in a bit, but besides the fact that Rachel wasn’t kidding when she said she lived in the middle of cane fields, it has also started to thunder…hmmm I think Alex is going to be sick of poker after today. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, It's your MOTHER! :-) I just got on the blog to view your pictures. What beautiful scenery! I love the one of you bouldering. Didn't see any pictures of your brother, however. Dad told me about the debit
card snafu; I hope you were able to
figure something out. More later!
I can't wait to hear lots of details about your trip. XXOO Mom

KB said...

Yeah card thing got fixed eventually. Nearly gave me a heart attack though.