Comic of the Month

Comic of the Month
xkcd by Randall Munroe

Saturday, April 14, 2007

One Week!!


.....to hang out with friends who won't be here when I return, to finish the HUGE stack of paperwork I need to get processed and sent in for the JET program, to buy my new camera....and the list goes on. *sigh*

BUT I'M GOING TO JAPAN!!

For 2 weeks my 17 year old brother and I will be staying with a good friend of mine who has been participating in the JET program for the past year. Besides being a wonderful (and much needed) vacation, this trip will give me a taste of what the next year of my life might be like, depending on my own JET assignment.

I'm going to try to get in the habit of this 'travel blog' thing for the sake of those I'll be leaving behind in the states, but I'm going on record as warning you all that I am very bad at keeping journals and - when I do find the time to write - it will most likely be at 2 a.m. and on very little sleep. Be forewarned: atrocious spelling and incomprehensible ramblings are almost guaranteed.

That said: 1 WEEK!! WOOT WOOT!!

*picture of my home that will soon be literally a world away!

2 comments:

captain fuzz said...

Hey Kirsten...I'm a bit surprised you started this blog...blogging seems so trendy, and I know how much being trendy pains you...which reminds me, when are you going to get a flippin' facebook account? Anywho, it was good to catch up a bit before you before we each head off on our separate adventures. This comment is very much unrelated to your post, but I felt obligated to get this blog hoppin'.

KB said...

DIETER!!!

Thanks for the comment and, yes, simply writing the first entry nearly took the life from me.

Must...keep...going...must...survive...to reach...Japan!

Awesome jamming with you - as always - and I expect an autographed copy of your next paper so I can brag about knowing the raddest physicist this side of Feynman *wink*. Hugs til then my friend...